Grandfamilies.org serves as a national legal resource in support of grandfamilies within and outside the child welfare system. Our goals are to:
- educate individuals about state laws, legislation and policy in support of grandfamilies
- assist interested policymakers, advocates, caregivers, and attorneys in exploring policy options to support relatives and the children in their care
- provide technical assistance and training
Grandfamilies.org staff are available to provide technical assistance to help assist national, state, regional and local child welfare agencies with implementing federal child welfare laws including:
- Family First Prevention Services Act of 2018 (Family Foster Home Licensing Standards, and Kinship Navigator Programs),
- Preventing Sex Trafficking and Strengthening Families Act of 2014, and
- Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008
See current menu of available technical assistance. Contact us with information about your technical assistance request. We will respond with an estimate and information about available technical assistance providers.
Grandfamilies.org is a collaboration among:
The American Bar Association, Center on Children and the Law
The ABA is the largest voluntary professional association in the world with nearly 400,000 members. The ABA Center on Children and the Law improves children’s lives through advances in law, justice, knowledge, practice and public policy by focusing on child abuse and neglect, child welfare and protective services system enhancement, family preservation, adolescent health and other child protective legal issues.
ABA Center on Children and the Law's contact for grandfamilies.org is Heidi Redlich Epstein, JD, MSW
Generations United is a national membership organization focused solely on improving the lives of children, youth, and older people through intergenerational collaboration, public policies, and programs. For over twenty years, Generations United's National Center on Grandfamilies has been at the forefront of national efforts to support grandfamilies through federal and state legislative testimony and briefings, publications, training, and technical assistance.
Generations United's contact for grandfamilies.org is Ana Beltran, JD
Casey Family Programs
Casey Family Programs is the nation’s largest operating foundation focused entirely on foster care and improving the child welfare system. Founded in 1966, Casey Family Programs works to provide and improve ─ and ultimately prevent the need for ─ foster care in the United States. The foundation was established by United Parcel Service founder Jim Casey.